To Offer Clock Hours at Your Event:
WSASP is approved by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) to offer clock hours. The WSASP Fall Conference, Spring Lecture Series, and Summer Secondary Summit are approved by our board each year. If you are hosting an event and would like us to consider approving them for clock hours, please see the following requirements and directions to seek approval.
Events must meet the following criteria based on WAC 181-85-030:
- Events must provide professional development relevant for school psychologists and beyond the district level, including EITHER outside speakers OR outside attendees. District level trainings that do not include either an outside speaker or outside attendees are encouraged to seek approval for district-offered clock hours (not WSASP clock hours).
- Clock hours cannot be provided for regular business meetings, breaks or eating times.
- Events must include a minimum of one hour of instruction.
- Requests for approval must be completed and receive Board approval prior to the commencement of the event WAC 181-85-200.
If your event meets the above criteria, please seek approval by following these directions:
- Access the electronic Submission for Approval. You will be redirected to another site in a new tab.
- Complete the form online and submit. NOTE: You can save your form and complete it at a later time. Click "Save and Continue" and provide your email when prompted. A link will be sent to your email and will remain active for 30 days.
- The form will be shared with the WSASP board for approval with a request to vote. The request will either be approved, not approved, or more information will be requested for board consideration.
- Upon approval, the Clock Hour Chair will provide the procedures and paperwork to the requester. (This will include the Roster Form, Evaluation Form and the signed Clock Hour Form.)
- It is the responsibility of the individual certificate holder to keep a copy of the clock hour confirmation provided and report such to OSPI.